When it comes to luxury SUVs, you can always trust Volvo to make a point with their models. Volvo has taken a special pride in their XC90 models over the years, but lately things have been rather bleak. So, in order to establish their superiority once again, a new generation 2016 Volvo XC90 is coming out in the markets with an entirely refreshed look and design specs. In addition to that, there seems to be a slight alteration to the complete designing plan of this new 2016 Volvo XC90. New facelift features will be provided with an entirely new configuration in terms of power train, along with improved interior design and interface. Some sources even report that this 2016 version will mark the start of a line of new generation vehicles starting off with a hybrid plug-in variant. So let’s have a look at what this 2016 XC90 has to offer.
2016 Volvo XC90: Engine Specs
This new generation XC90 will have a set of 2 engine configurations, as stated by Volvo officials in their latest press statement. Both engines will be completely new, and extremely efficient – with par with Volvo’s standard. So let’s have a look at those 2 engine configurations.
- The base engine will be a 2.0 LITER Turbo and super charged inline 4 cylinder configuration. It is perfectly capable of generating around 316 HP of max power when coupled alongside a 9 speed automatic gear box.
- The 2nd engine which might take many customers of 2016 Volvo XC90 by surprise is an optional hybrid configuration. This hybrid plug in will be provided as a twin engine model with an electric motor and high energy battery source. Reports suggests that this whole setup might as well cover around 400 HP of max power.
2016 Volvo XC90: Exterior and Interior
There are a lot of improvements that will take place in this new 2016 model. These features are completely new and they have not been used before. So let’s have a look at those essential features that might provide an upper hand to this model.
- New styling attributes have been introduced with special attention to front fascia and alloy wheels.
- Improved fuel efficiency guarantees better performance with increased power spec.
- Safety features have been improved, with renewal of traction control specs and emergency assists.
- Automatic braking systems provided with better stability module and increased cabin space.
- Interior of 2016 Volvo XC90 is renovated completely with Volvo’s new Sensus infotainment system and a better touch screen display module unit.
Even though this car has been simply phenomenal in terms of its appearance and performance, but some websites indicate that cabin design might pose a problem for certain customers. Its cabin design has been kept to a minimum due to the touch screen interface. This is very sophisticated but some might find it less appealing. The long list of automated applications might also cause slight disturbance.
2016 Volvo XC90: Release Date and Price
This new 2016 Volvo XC90 might be priced at $ 42 000 for its base model. Higher trims with a new hybrid power train might cost a bit more. All model of 2016 Volvo XC90 will come out by spring of 2015 at the latest.