With a brand new model, Volkswagen is certainly looking forward to revive its VW Passat brand. This new 2016 VW Passat has got all its takes to make a really stunning car experts have also suggested that among all previous versions of this car, this 2016 model might turn out to be the best. As many know, VW Passant is a really old franchise from this German automaker, and this 2016 model might inculcate several of its finest features in a single model. This new model has improved a lot in terms of style and interior décor specs. In addition to that, top notch tech inputs have been provided for a better driving experience and when this particular model comes out, users will definitely be very happy about it. So let’s take a look at some of the features that are associated with this 2016 Passat model.
2016 VW Passat: Redesign Exterior and Interior
There have been a lot of new tech and associative features added to this model. Some of them have been derived from Passat’s long history of vehicles, while others have been modified to keep up with the time.
- This 2016 VW Passat is to be built using the classic MQB platform of Volkswagen. Overall styling dynamics will improve.
- Exterior design might change with better ride quality and improved dimensions, making this model a stable one in terms of aerodynamics and traction.
- Top quality equipment will be added to ensure proper safety and interior décor is to be filled with latest entertainment features.
As far as designing attributes are concerned, it is fair to comment that exterior of this car is going to be a crucial input. All lighting features are comprised of LED technology – which includes headlights, tail lamps and fog lights. Interior cabins space is going to increase, leading to better comfort specs and an overall good quality driving experience.
Exterior of this 2016 VW Passat is mostly made up of light weight materials, especially carbon fibre and aluminium. This guarantees better fuel economy rates with reduced CO2 emissions. This variation in designing might as well be contributed to a number of different engine options, namely TDI engines, TSI variants as well as Volkswagen’s latest Blue Motion configurations.
2016 VW Passat: Engine Specs
Many sources have been able to confirm it that this 2016 VW Passat model is likely to include more than 1 engine choices.
- The base engine will comprise of a 1.8 LITER Turbo charged unit which can effectively pull of a 170 HP max power spec along with a max torque rating of 184 lbs. feet.
- Another optional unit might be available with 3.6 LITER V6 cylinder engine, generating around 280 HP of max power, with 258 lbs. feet of max torque.
- Another diesel unit might come up, with a 2.0 LITER inline 4 Turbo configuration, producing around 140 HP with 236 lbs. feet.
Both manual and auto gear box is present with above engine choices. Fuel economy rates of 2016 VW Passat is excellent with a 31/43 MPG for city/highway drive respectively.
2016 VW Passat: Release Date and Price
The price of base model 2016 VW Passat is going to be $ 21 000, with a slight increase in figure for higher trims.