The 2018 Acura TLX gained popularity due to its high-performance figures combined with an affordable price tag. However, with recent competition rising from other brands like Audi A4, Jaguar XE, and Mercedes C-class, Honda may soon come up with its new 2018 Acura TLX. Honda’s luxury sedan section, Acura, made its debut in around 1986 while the TLX models came into being in 2007.
Powertrain of 2018 Acura TLX
Honda may continue to use the same options of engines for its new 2018 Acura as well. This will see the sedan come with two choices:
- The base version will house a 2.4-liter inline-4 unit capable of producing a power of 206 hp and a torque of 182 lb-ft.
- A higher version with a 3.5-liter V6 engine with 290 hp power output capacity and 267 lb-ft torque output capacity.
Both 8-speed dual-clutch automatic and 9-speed automatic along with manual shifting mode may be a possibility for TLX’s transmission.
A similar powertrain will see 2018 Acura TLX have similar performance figures. Acceleration from 0 to 60 mph will take place in 5.7 seconds and will reach 100 mph in 13.3 seconds. Top speed will, however, be limited to 134 mph. EPA figures are likely to measure at 31 mpg in city and 35 mpg on the highway for the higher version of the engine.
Although the car was spotted testing its engine under camouflage, a few of its design changes could be easily figured out. Some of the notable ones are:
- Honda has done away with Acura’s single bar V-shaped front grille. Instead, 2018 Acura TLX will come with a design similar to Acura Precision concept.
- This means 2018 TLX will come with a pentagonal diamond shaped front grille with the meshes diverging from its Acura badge. Also, a thick chrome border will line the whole structure.
- Headlights will continue to sport a 5-eye structure with LED fittings. Fog lights have a three-eye structure as well.
- Front air intakes have been enlarged this time and will continue to retain its two-bar mesh structure.
- The rear, however, may show a similar design as its predecessors with slightly enlarged taillights.
Though inconclusive, but expect its nose height to be slightly enhanced while its body lines may be smoothened a bit.
Interiors and Technology
No official word on this section is available; neither could anything be made out from the spy shots available. Do not expect Honda to make stark modifications in the interiors of Acura TLX 2018. The sedan will continue to house 10-way power adjustable front seats while the rear passenger seat may be 60-40 foldable to allow more cargo space. Expect a slightly redesigned dashboard. Expect an instrument cluster replaced by an LCD screen in higher priced models.
Infotainment will have a 7-speaker audio system along with SiriusXM satellite radio, Siri Eyes and Bluetooth streaming facilities. Expect all the usual safety features in the new 2018 Acura TLX. This will include ABS and EBS, adaptive cruise control, forward collision control, lane departure warning along with optional blind spot monitoring system and pedestrian detection system.
2018 Acura TLX Release Date and Price
Expect a launch date somewhere around summer of 2017. If released, Acura TLX 2018 may come with a price tag of around $33,000.