Mazda CX-5 is a family SUV which first arrived in 2012. Ever since then it has been widely praised for its athletic styling. Now this oldest Mazda model is all set to get an upgrade. As per rumors, this new 2018 Mazda CX-5 is expected to offer taut handling and strong performance.
2018 Mazda CX-5 Redesign
Looking at its prototype model, tipsters have said that no dramatic design change will take place. Rather, an edgier interpretation of the ‘Kodo’ styling language will be seen and that will give the model a refined form.
- The glasshouse of this new model will appear more mature and elegant as compared to its previous models.
- Its body metal surface will have subtle creases and that will make the model appear youthful and eye-catching.
- A Large set of 3D chrome framed mesh grille design will be integrated. But unlike the previous Mazda models, it will be seen the new LED headlights rather than through them.
- The rear of the new 2018 Mazda CX-5 will see curves changed somewhat to make it more up to date. Apart from this, the rest of the rear design will appear roughly in the same design as its previous model.
- The dimension of the new model also seemed to be changed slightly. The dimension of this vehicle is7 inches long, 72.4 inches wide and 65.7 inches in height! Tipsters also stated its wheelbase width to be around 106.7 inches.
- 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels are upon which this new model will roll.
After the prototype was seen these predictions proved to be right. But because of its heavy camouflage, not all of them could be recognized.
The 2018 CX-5 cabin will mainly carry over the look of the previous CX-4. But some changes in the form of a slightly changed dash with MZD Connect infotainment system and navigation will be seen. Better constructed leather seats with heating systems and more legroom will give utmost travel comfort to passengers.
The noteworthy feature of the 2018 Mazda CX-5 cabin is its G-vectoring GVC system which gives better control of acceleration forces (sideways and longitudinal). It will also help optimize the load on each wheel and makes way for smooth and effective vehicle motion.
This model will host better-equipped safety aspects like frontal collision, parking sensors, rear cross traffic control, low tire pressure warnings, ABS, safety locks, etc.
2018 Mazda CX-5 Engine Specification
- The base engine for the new Mazda CX-5 2018 will be a 2.0-liter 4 cylinder engine with 155 hp at 6,000 rpm and 150 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 rpm. EPA rating- 26 mpg/35 mpg for city/speedways. Combined EPA 29 mpg!
- Second option is a powerful 2.5 inline 4 cylinder (direct inject) with 184 hp @ 5,700 rpm and 185 lb-ft @ 3,250 rpm. EPA ratings-25 mpg/32 mpg in for city/highway and combined 27 mpg.
Transmission for both motors will be a 6-speed auto gearbox.
2018 Mazda CX-5 Price, Launch Date, and Competition
The starting price of this new 2018 Mazda CX-5 will be $23,000 and it will face fierce competition from Chevy Equinox, Toyota RAV4, and Honda CR-V. Its launch date is expected to be around 1st half of 2017.